Not a joke. The study will almost definitely look something like this*:
*This part is pretty much a joke, though . . . although not totally . . . but definitely mostly. See below.
Via the Upper Valley listserve (with some light editing, and emphasis added on what is definitely the coolest part, by me):
23. GET PAID TO BROWSE PINTEREST IN THE LAB!
From: Ken Leslie <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 10:35:49 -0500
We are seeking paid participants for a Social Media Research Study on Online Consumption.
Participants must be Pinterest users in one of the following categories related to marital status:
- First time engaged females.
- First time engaged males.
- Females in a committed relationship, but who are not engaged, not married and have never been married.
- Females who are single, and not in a committed relationship or engaged and have never been married.
The study is being run at Dartmouth College in Hanover, N.H.: day, evening, and weekend slots are available. The study will last one hour.
During this study, the participant must be willing to:
- complete some questionnaires,
- complete some online tasks on Pinterest,
- wear a sensor cap that records the participant’s brain waves,
- wear a small wristband to record physiological responses such as heart rate and skin conductance (sweat).
Participants will be compensated for their time.
Contact Kimberly.R.Clark@dartmouth.edu today to learn more and to book your one-hour time slot.