The New Hampshire Attorney General’s Office has announced it is opening a criminal investigation into the conduct of two Claremont police officers.
Attorney General Gordon MacDonald said in a Wednesday evening news release that the probe stems from information provided earlier this month by Claremont Police Chief Mark Chase regarding officers Ian Kibbe and Mark Burch.
The investigation is exploring allegations the two officers “falsified documentation related to a search” that took place in late February, according to the release.
Neither officer currently is employed by the police department, Chase said in an email.
Read the full news release below.
Investigation into Conduct of Ian Kibbe and Mark Burch of the Claremont Police Department pic.twitter.com/7xxh2jNhnH
— NH DOJ (@NH_DOJ) March 28, 2018