Welp, it’s that time when year-end lists reign supreme. And even though our year-end list gets an asterisk because we only launched in late July, making this more like a Top 20 Posts Of The Last Five Months Or So list, we’re doing it anyway!
And, obviously, we’re doing it with GIFs, because of our new tagline and all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This list includes our most-read stories based on pageviews. Here goes nothin’ …
20. Actual footage of dogs and Californians during the 2.3 magnitude earthquake in the Upper Valley Wednesday night
19. ‘Due to the extreme cold,’ Lebanon reminds folks that its libraries are available as warming centers
18. Video: It’s a nice day for a Co-op Food Stores wedding
17. Places to get warm, charge your phone following today’s widespread power outages
16. The Upper Valley’s own Jordy Allard will play for the Nighthawks next summer
15. Photo, video: Snowy owl stops by the Vermont Tech campus in Randolph
14. Nobody injured in Lebanon car fire that briefly shut down I-89 southbound this morning
13. Claremont woman to be featured on TLC show ’90 Day Fiance’
12. Hanover author Jodi Picoult got to hang out with the @wolfgang2242 pack and it looks like pure joy
11. Woodstock Police say Taftsville Bridge damaged in hit-and-run
10. CJ’s Tavern in Quechee says it has closed, and Public House says it’s moving a diner and deli into the space
9. VTDigger: Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner may be vacationing in Barnard
8. Shyrl Rafus is putting out feelers online for a new location for her diner
7. The Upper Valley has been blessed by Polar Seltzer’s limited edition “Impossibly Good” flavors
6. After devastating studio break-in, supporters rallying around transgender Vermont artist as she rebuilds
5. Lebanon Police Department says goodbye to K9 Max, who has succumbed to cancer
4. The new food truck Taco’s Tacos is in Leb full-time starting this week
3. Officials are searching for a couple who saved an owl in Grantham so that the bird can be released at the right location
(And, thanks to your shares, the rescuers were located!)
2. Cantore’s pizza owner buys Crossroads Cafe in WRJ, plans to maintain menu, add cupcakes
And, last but actually first … (drum roll, please …)
1. West Lebanon Burger King closed indefinitely* after grease fire this afternoon sends one person to the hospital
(The restaurant was eventually reopened.)
That’s all she wrote! Leave it to a minor fire at a fast food restaurant to take the No. 1 spot.
Anywho, thank you so much for supporting us in our inaugural year.
I’ll leave you with some thoughts as we close out the books on 2017.
- We would love to hear what you wanna see more or less of in 2018, so please get in touch with us to share your thoughts.
- We’re also aiming to increase our following in the new year, so TELL YER PALS all about us!
- We’re on Facebook.
- We do the tweet thing.
- We hold down Instagram stories on the @vnewsuv account.
- We have a weekly email newsletter that gets sent out every Friday afternoon.
- And, last but not least, keep an eye out for fun stuff next year … it may even include some swag!
So, that’s all from us, for now. Be safe this weekend, y’all, and happy 2018.