This time stationed up in Fairlee!
WMUR has video of the thievery!
Wonder if it was one of the nine bald eagles counted along the Connecticut River in January? Click here to watch the video at the WMUR website.
See, Hear, Meet, Speak… BYOB your friends and family to the Main St. Museum for a night out of eclectic ephemera and rock n’ roll provided by The Journals Kept, Carton, and Chodus!
Starts at 8 p.m.
Via the Top of the Hop Bar events page:
Sat • Jan 20 • 6 pm
Are You Game? Tiltfactor Game Night
Try your hand at popular board and card games and get an exclusive sneak peek at NEW unreleased creations from Dartmouth’s own game lab. Meet the designers, help prototype new projects, or just gather around a table and play one of your favorites. For teens & adults. Info: tiltfactor.org.
Via the Valley News:
For a change, it appears the ice will be very nice for one of the Upper Valley Trails Alliance’s biggest fundraisers of the year.
The Lake Morey Skating Trail is set to host the annual UVTA Skate-a-Thon on Jan. 21 from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. The trail, a 4½-mile loop, will be open for skaters to show how many laps they can complete in support of the UVTA.
Emergency 90-minute power outage planned for Fairlee area this evening from midnight until 1:30 Thursday morning
Here’s a press release from Green Mountain Power:
EMERGENCY OUTAGE IN FAIRLEE AREA TONIGHT
Green Mountain Power will need to interrupt power tonight to 1800 customers in parts of Fairlee, West Fairlee, Vershire, Strafford and Thetford in order to safely repair broken equipment. The interruption will begin tonight at midnight and last until approximately 1:30 Thursday morning.
The areas affected include:
- In Fairlee – most of Fairlee including areas along VT Route 244, US Route 5, Lake Morey Rd & Redmond Rd.
- In West Fairlee – most of West Fairlee including along VT Route 113, Beaver Meadow Rd, Middlebrook Rd, & Blood Brook Rd.
- In Vershire – the south-west portion of Vershire along S. Vershire Rd, Vershire Center Rd, & Taylor Valley Rd.
- In Strafford – the north-west portion of Strafford along Old City Falls Rd, Miller Pond Rd, & Sawnee Bean Rd.
- In Thetford – northern sections of Thetford along Sawnee Bean Rd, VT Route 113, VT Route 244 Quinibeck Rd & US Route 5 south to Cider Mill Rd.